Thursday, January 15, 2009

What I Want, What I Really, Really Want...

I'm sure many of you girlfriends out there will accuse me of setting the women's movement back about 200 years. If so, I do apologize, but I don't think I'm alone. What I really, really want from my man is a knight in shining armor. Not all situations require my hubby to come to my rescue, and honestly, I can probably handle most things that do come my way. But, there are those situations that I just don't like to deal with: cleaning out the mousetraps, anything to do with the heating and/or cooling systems, car malfunctions, just to name a few. And therefore, I needs me said anachronistic fighter in shiny metallic covering.

You guys just don't know how much we want your help. We've spent years proving we can handle ourselves in virtually every situation, so you will be forgiven for thinking that we don't want or need you. But see, we really do. We don't want you to make a big deal about it or to gloat. We just want a man to walk in and quietly do his thing and then walk back out. The other day our heat went out upstairs and we had no hot water. I was getting anxious about the prospect of missing a rare coffee date with a dear friend (I really NEEDED a shower, if you know what I mean!) when the aforementioned knight went downstairs, pushed a button and in a few minutes, we had heat and hot water again. It was incredibly simple, but it was exactly what I needed. And I found it incredibly attractive. A man, simply doing what a man does best: solving a problem, without any fanfare. Yes ma'am, that's what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment