Monday, December 22, 2008

Let's Hear It For the Bears!

Peoplecicle. My friend Amy asks if this is a word, and although I doubt you'll find it in Webster's, I'm quite certain there are many of us up here in the frozen Tundra that feel like one about now. I'm starting to think those crazy bears are on to something. Honestly, if I could find a nice warm spot and curl up for a few months to do nothin' but snooze, I'd be there. Of course, it's quite possible that bears are one of those species that eat their young, 'cause there isn't any way they could get away with it if they had young'uns. Then again, maybe bears have a Benadryl equivalent.

The key to those bears, though, is that they're sleeping. I'm about to go stir crazy and it's only the second day of winter. Since Friday, I've been out of the house exactly twice. Three times if you count getting the mail. When the windchills are below zero, though, I'll take a little cabin fever over hauling two kids outside. The real problem is when the kids are feeling the fever. Today has been one of THOSE days. Did I mention it's only the second day of winter?!

No comments:

Post a Comment